Thursday, September 1, 2011

Finding the time to be glam!

I know a lot of you are wondering how I find the time to get myself as ready as I do in the morning and get two kids dressed and off to school. Here are some of my secrets and tips I have learned from others.

I read a book by Maria Menuonos. I probably misspelled her name. Oops. Anyway her book is about organizing your life so you can be more efficient and successful. In her book she advises us to find a day where we get all of our chores done and put your lunches, outfits, etc. together for the week. Well, it works! I do this every Sunday. My outfits are picked out down to the accessories. When I already know what I am wearing it is easy for me to decide how to do my makeup and hair. I recommend finding her book. I got it at Barnes and Noble. Also, she has great tips if you like her facebook page.

I also allow myself time! If you want your makeup to look good it is going to take atleast thirty minutes. I always allow myself an hour and a half to get ready. This includes getting my kiddos ready too. By the way, their outfits and lunches I get ready with mine on Sunday. I recommend knowing what look you want to do before you even get started doing your makeup. I will already know how I want to look before I get to the mirror. That makes it easier to navigate through my millions of products!

Now my hair, I have to admit to you, I only spend ten minutes tops on it. I prefer people focus on my face so, it's usually up. If I am going to spend time on it I have to add on even more time to my routine. Products and styling tools make it easier to get done faster too. Buy the expensive dryers and irons. They really speed up drying time! I swear by T3. You can find them at Von Maur or www.qvc.com

I know this sounds really high maintnance but, I like how I look and I think that people feel better when they look better and are more effective in their jobs and relationships. I am sure that is in a poll somewhere. Also, being organized in your life helps you get out the door in time. If you have any questions feel free to email me them.
ashleygaa@live.com

Happy Organizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment