Friday, April 22, 2011

30's

Recently, I have been battling my turning thirty. Working in an industry that always has younger talent and where aging in frowned upon (unless you are botoxed) I have been beating myself up. I have wondered if I still was as talented and exciting as I had been in the past. Through a lot of soul searching and many new colors of eyeshadow added to my beauty routine, I have discovered that being who I am is why people come to see me for makeup advice. I have been in the business longer than some and have gained a lot of knowledge. I am constantly learning more and more. The younger talents keep me on my toes and being thirty is absolutely amazing! God bless blue eyeshadow and hot pink lipstick for bringing me out of my everyday natural looks!

Peace :)

1 comment:

  1. ASH! Your 30's are the BEST! You finally realize your wise enough to not be dumb and young enough to enjoy! I've loved my 30's and looking forward to my 40's. And of course your talent as a makeup artist in ONLY going to improve. I would think that an asset!

    Jay H.

    ReplyDelete